The race is Saturday, July 16—and it will be here before we know it
Time to start planning…….
I have secured the same spot as we had our meeting and potluck:
Mollyockett Day Race
Sunday, April 24, 4 to 5 p.m.
Millbrook Tavern Porch
Since many of you were involved last year, and we know what is involved, the meeting should be brief and productive.
- I will come with organizer/planning sheets like last year, updated from what we learned.
We will start with a brief whole group meeting to get oriented to a few updates and a couple of decisions we need to make. On my list so far:
- Parade moved from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. start—very good for us
- No vendors on Main St. this year—also good for us, but means Main St. not closed to car traffic
- Our timer is committed—same as last year
- Sponsors to date / Coordinating/sharing sponsors with Kids Triathlon (now officially a BOC race, and one that has not had sponsorships in the past)
- Proposal to add an Adult 1-mile race?
- If we add an 1-mile for adults, do we still keep the 2-mile walk?
- Prizes: how many to go for; and do we have a raffle or not?
- Buying racer amenity bags for $0.17/each
- Other? Feel free to email me other agenda items or bring them up on the spot
We will break into teams according to what aspect of the race and planning you want to work on:
- Course Set up
- Registration set up: Tents and other materials
- Registration / day-of-race entries
- Refreshments—food and drink
- Sending info to free websites / online
- Brochures and Posters
- Prizes and Ribbons
17 Eden Lane / P. O. Box 197
Bethel ME 04217 USA